Il Forum Italiano di Peter Cincotti
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Translate Element
Video

Peter Cincotti Il Sito Italiano - Presents

Intervista Esclusiva - "Peter Talks about Metropolis" Part 1

Intervista Esclusiva - "Peter Talks about Metropolis" Part 2

Galleria

Peter on GaydarRadio.com - Interview Empty
Argomenti simili

Non sei connesso Connettiti o registrati

Peter on GaydarRadio.com - Interview

Andare in basso  Messaggio [Pagina 1 di 1]

1Peter on GaydarRadio.com - Interview Empty Peter on GaydarRadio.com - Interview Ven Ago 17, 2012 12:21 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

Peter Cincotti
by Matthew Keegan
16 August 2012

Source From: [Devi essere iscritto e connesso per vedere questo link]

Peter Cincotti is a vocalist, pianist and composer who has previously worked with Phil Ramone, David Foster and David Guetta. His last record of all original pop songs went gold in Europe, reaching the top of radio charts alongside the likes of Rihanna and Coldplay. We spoke to the American heartthrob about everything from recording his new album to who he'd most like to date if he was gay for a weekend.

Peter on GaydarRadio.com - Interview Petercincottiinterview_570

Tell us a bit more about Metropolis – what can we expect?
I think Metropolis continues where my last record, East Of Angel Town, left off. It’s a collection of songs that I think are the product of our current day and age, inspired by much of what is happening now around the world.

Most memorable experience recording this album?
Recording the title track 'Metropolis' was probably my favourite part of making the record. It was the last song we recorded and I think the most fun to explore.

What are you most proud of about the album?
I am most proud of the fact that it is exactly the record I wanted to make.

Stylistically this album seems to be quite a departure from your jazz beginnings. Why is that? Would you say that you’re coming more into your own now with your music style?
Personally, I don’t see this album as a departure more a continuation. Although some of my albums are stylistically different from one another on the surface, I always think they are connected to each other in very obvious ways. But that’s just me.

You’ve previously worked and collaborated with some big producers and artists - Phil Ramone, David Foster, David Guetta, John Fields. What were they like to work with?
They were all great to work with – and in such different ways. I feel very fortunate to have worked with such legendary producers, and I’m constantly amazed at how different and unpredictable the creative process can be. I’ve learned a lot from just sitting in the room with those guys.

You’ve made a couple of appearances in films like Beyond The Sea and Spider Man 2. Is acting something that you want to do more of?
I’m not sure I’d call any of that 'acting', but it was a lot of fun. I’d do it again if the project felt right.

You started playing the piano really young – what drew you to it or inspired you to want to play?
My grandmother bought me a toy piano when I was three and taught me how to play 'Happy Birthday' on it. Once I started I never stopped.

Michael Stipe described his sexuality by explaining that for every 10 people he is attracted to, 7 are guys and 3 are girls. How about you?
I know this interview is for Gaydar and all, but there’s no ratio for me: I’m 10 for 10 girls.

If you had to be gay for just one weekend – who would you choose to go on a date with and why?
I’d choose to be a lesbian on the set of Desperado and take out Selma Hayek.

What’s the biggest misconception people have about you?
I think people think I’m nice. Except for the older woman I just smacked. But other than her…

Ever had any disasters on stage or when touring?
Oh many. At one of my recent shows I was playing an electric piano that kept changing keys in the middle of the song. I kept having to find the new key, adjust my playing, but keep singing in the old key. It was a disaster, but kind of funny in retrospect.

What’s your biggest guilty pleasure?
Once in a while I find myself watching The Real Housewives of New Jersey for more than three minutes. I DVR every episode.

Which other artists are you listening to a lot of at the moment?
Just bought John Mayer’s new album – I can’t stop listening to 'Walt Grace’s Submarine Test 1967'.

Besides music and performing – what else are you passionate about?
Sleep.

What words do you live by?
Follow your gut.

Peter on GaydarRadio.com - Interview Petercincotti_1

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter is set to release the single ‘Forever and Always’ on 20 August followed by his fourth album,
Metropolis, on 3 September 2012.

For more info visit [Devi essere iscritto e connesso per vedere questo link]

Torna in alto  Messaggio [Pagina 1 di 1]